The Winter 2021/22 issue of Third Man Books & Records’ MAGGOT BRAIN magazine (DEC/ JAN/ FEB) streets on Dec. 10 and is extra packed with killer stuff.
• THE FRONT COVER is a gorgeous 1981 backstage photo of LOU REED, subject of a phenomenal feature by former NY Rocker contributor LISA JANE PERSKY
INSIDE you will also find:
• GRATEFUL DEAD: KURT VILE tries to explain them to none other than TOM SCHARPLING
• A special new piece about the making of the Velvet Underground’s LOADED
• MYRIAM GENDRON: Track by track guide to her highly anticipated second album
• LEE ‘SCRATCH’ PERRY: Reprint of the best feature we ever read about him, by ERIK DAVIS
• KINKE KOOI: Recent works on paper
• MICHAEL HURLEY: Talks to old friend TARA JANE O'NEIL on Hurley's first studio album in years
• DOUG HENNING: The magician’s radical roots in Canada’s thriving 1970s prog/glam scene
• SISTER ROSETTA THARPE: Why she rules so hard, but there’s no need to call her the “godmother of rock 'n' roll” again, thanks
• GRETCHEN GONZALES DAVIDSON: The mystery and mastery of Detroit’s drone warrior, by Destroy All Monsters’ CARY LOREN
• THE GOATS: The 1990s’ most forgotten hip-hop collective?
• DEAN WAREHAM: A multi-page comic strip by MARLY BEYER, on drinking coffee with Dean and Britta and why his new solo record is so excellent
• PHEW: Japanese experimental artist gets the ANDY BETA treatment
• ORCHESTRE TOUT POUISSANT MARCEL DUCHAMP by the great SARA JAFFE