Release Date: 21st October 2016
If ‘Convenanza’, released in February, was a distillation of all Andrew Weatherall’s influences in one place then ‘Consolamentum’ takes that instinct a step further. Here he invites friends old and new to rework the tracks from Convenanza in their own style.
On board are redoubtable musical architects such as David Holmes (under his new ‘Unloved’ guise), Justin Robertson (wearing his ‘Deadstock 33s’ hat) and the legendary Bernard Fevre of Black Devil Disco Club notoriety.
Leading the charge by the new guard are Heretic, Red Axes, Solar Bears and Vox Low whose tracks have twisted into existence a quiet storm on ALFOS nights.
Praise for ‘Convenanza’:
DJ Mag – 8.5/10 – “’Convenanza’ might just be his most accomplished LP yet.”
Q – 4/5 – “a mighty tasty spread.”
XLR8R – 8/10 – “a seamless blend of live drums and bass, electronics and scuzz, atmosphere and intrigue… it just sounds like Weatherall.”
Groove – “a great success”
Available on CD, double LP (700 copies) and download.
01) We Count The Stars (Unloved Remix) ***
02) The Confidence Man (Justin Robertson’s Deadstock 33s Remix) ***
03) Frankfurt Advice (Red Axes Remix) ***
04) The Last Walk (Vox Low Riding The White Horse Version)
05) Disappear (Duncan Gray Remix) ***
06) Thirteenth Night (Timothy J Fairplay Remix) ***
07) The Confidence Man (Sons Of Slough Remix)
08) Frankfurt Advice (Heretic Remix) ***
09) Kicking The River (Solar Bears Remix)
10) The Last Walk (Black Devil Disco Club Rework)
11) Ghosts Again (Scott Fraser Vocal Dub)
Please note the LP version is 8 tracks and includes *** plus
The Confidence Man (The Emperor Machine Dub)
Ghosts Again (Scott Fraser Ghosts In The Piano Mix)